By Steven Feuerstein, Bill Pribyl
Considered the easiest Oracle PL/SQL programming advisor by way of the Oracle neighborhood, this definitive advisor is strictly what you must utilize Oracle’s robust procedural language. The 6th variation describes the positive aspects and services of PL/SQL up via Oracle Database 12c unencumber 1.
Hundreds of millions of PL/SQL builders have benefited from this ebook over the past 20 years; this version maintains that culture. With large code examples and a full of life humorousness, this ebook explains language basics, explores complex coding innovations, and gives top practices that will help you remedy real-world problems.
- Get PL/SQL courses up and working quick, with transparent directions for executing, tracing, trying out, debugging, and coping with code
- Understand new 12.1 gains, together with the ACCESSIBLE_BY clause, WITH functionality and UDF pragma, BEQUEATH CURRENT_USER for perspectives, and new conditional compilation directives
- Take good thing about large code samples, from easy-to-follow examples to reusable packaged utilities
- Optimize PL/SQL functionality with beneficial properties just like the functionality end result cache and Oracle utilities corresponding to PL/Scope and the PL/SQL hierarchical profiler
- Build modular, easy-to-maintain PL/SQL functions utilizing applications, methods, capabilities, and triggers
By Vikram Vaswani
Take your MySQL abilities to the pinnacle tier
Maximize each robust characteristic to be had in MySQL 5.1 with hands-on guide from a MySQL professional. This definitive consultant exhibits you ways to take advantage of MySQL's complex suite of information administration instruments, optimize functionality and reliability, and safe and administer a powerful RDBMS. MySQL Database utilization & Administration contains designated code examples in every one bankruptcy to spotlight real-world purposes of the fabric coated. with a view to get the main out of MySQL, you would like this useful instruction manual.
- Understand MySQL's gains, technical structure, subsystems, and instructions
- Make database layout judgements that optimizre functionality, garage, and reliability
- Write complicated queries utilizing joins, subqueries, and perspectives
- Group SQL statements into transactions and execute them atomically
- Build and use subtle kept tactics and features
- Automate database operations with triggers and scheduled occasions
- Import and export information in numerous codecs, includiong SQL, CSV, and XML
- Optimize server and question functionality
- Administer a safe, excessive availability MySQL RDBMS
- Manage clients and regulate entry
- Perform database upkeep, replication, backup, and recovery
Vikram Vaswani is the founder and CEO of Melonfire (www.melonfire.com), a consultancy enterprise with targeted services in open-source instruments and applied sciences. His prior books contain MySQL: the full Reference, personal home page: A Beginner's Guide, and PHP Programming Solutions.
Get all started on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 in No Time
Learn to take advantage of the entire strong positive factors on hand in SQL Server 2008 quick and simply. Microsoft SQL Server 2008: A Beginner's Guide explains the basics of every subject along examples and tutorials that stroll you thru real-world database projects. set up SQL Server 2008, build high-performance databases, use robust Transact-SQL statements, create kept strategies and triggers, and execute uncomplicated and intricate database queries. functionality tuning, Database Engine safety, enterprise Intelligence, and XML also are covered.
- Set up, configure, and retain SQL Server 2008
- Build and deal with database gadgets utilizing Transact-SQL statements
- Create saved approaches and user-defined functions
- Optimize database functionality, availability, and reliability
- Implement sturdy protection utilizing authentication, encryption, and authorization
- Automate projects utilizing SQL Server Agent
- Create trustworthy info backups and practice perfect method restores
- Use all-new SQL Server 2008 enterprise Intelligence, improvement, and management tools
- Learn intimately the SQL Server XML expertise (SQLXML)
By George Peck
The main definitive source on Crystal experiences to be had! Create presentation-quality studies utilizing the main strong info research device and this finished consultant. Crystal experiences 8.5: the whole Reference explains intimately tips on how to use the software program to research and layout facts, generate experiences, and practice complex interactive reporting from the net. additionally, learn how to improve customized purposes and comprise any Crystal file into your home windows functions.
With examples all through, this e-book indicates you the way to accomplish initiatives which are tricky or most unlikely in different databases. This moment variation covers LATERAL queries, augmented JSON help, materialized perspectives, and different key subject matters. if you are a present PostgreSQL person, you will decide up gem stones you will have overlooked before.
- Learn simple management projects equivalent to function administration, database construction, backup, and restore
- Apply the psql command-line software and the pgAdmin graphical management tool
- Explore PostgreSQL tables, constraints, and indexes
- Learn strong SQL constructs no longer ordinarily present in different databases
- Use a number of varied languages to write down database functions
- Tune your queries to run as speedy as your will allow
- Query exterior and variegated information assets with international facts wrappers
- Learn find out how to use integrated replication positive aspects to duplicate data
The definitive advisor to automating SQL Server admnistration with Powershell scripts
If you are a SQL Server database administrator, this publication will make your lifestyles more straightforward. home windows PowerShell is an administrative scripting device for you to automate many projects you are most likely at present doing through hand. This nuts-and-bolts advisor exhibits you the way to create home windows PowerShell scripts to manage nearly each point of SQL Server.
You'll get an intensive advent to PowerShell fundamentals and the entire PowerShell elements which were built-in into SQL Server 2008, in addition to genuine management projects. The booklet offers whole scripts which were demonstrated and confirmed, saving you hours of attempt.
- The generation of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 now contains home windows PowerShell, permitting directors of large-scale company databases to automate many tasks
- SQL Server 2008 management with home windows PowerShell introduces you to PowerShell, overlaying its parts intimately in addition to delivering easy guide in utilizing scripts to manage the database
- The e-book contains a variety of examples of SQL projects which have been computerized and in addition offers accomplished scripts for you to positioned to exploit immediately
- The better half site comprises whole code scripts
If you are a database administrator, the scripts and methods in SQL Server 2008 management with home windows PowerShell will prevent hours of effort.
By Edward Capriolo, Dean Wampler
Need to maneuver a relational database software to Hadoop? This accomplished advisor introduces you to Apache Hive, Hadoop’s information warehouse infrastructure. You’ll fast how you can use Hive’s SQL dialect—HiveQL—to summarize, question, and research huge datasets saved in Hadoop’s dispensed filesystem.
This example-driven consultant exhibits you the way to establish and configure Hive on your setting, presents an in depth evaluate of Hadoop and MapReduce, and demonstrates how Hive works in the Hadoop surroundings. You’ll additionally locate real-world case stories that describe how businesses have used Hive to unravel certain difficulties concerning petabytes of data.
- Use Hive to create, regulate, and drop databases, tables, perspectives, services, and indexes
- Customize information codecs and garage concepts, from documents to exterior databases
- Load and extract info from tables—and use queries, grouping, filtering, becoming a member of, and different traditional question methods
- Gain top practices for growing consumer outlined services (UDFs)
- Learn Hive styles you can use and anti-patterns you might want to avoid
- Integrate Hive with different info processing programs
- Use garage handlers for NoSQL databases and different datastores
- Learn the professionals and cons of working Hive on Amazon’s Elastic MapReduce
By Laura Thomson
PHP and MySQL internet improvement, Fourth Edition
The definitive consultant to development database-drive internet functions with Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL
PHP and MySQL are well known open-source applied sciences which are excellent for quick constructing database-driven internet purposes. Hypertext Preprocessor is a strong scripting language designed to let builders to create hugely featured internet purposes speedy, and MySQL is a quick, trustworthy database that integrates good with Hypertext Preprocessor and is suited to dynamic Internet-based purposes.
PHP and MySQL internet improvement shows the right way to use those instruments jointly to supply potent, interactive net purposes. It basically describes the fundamentals of the personal home page language, explains the best way to arrange and paintings with a MySQL database, after which indicates easy methods to use Hypertext Preprocessor to engage with the database and the server.
This useful, hands-on ebook contains a variety of examples that exhibit universal projects equivalent to authenticating clients, developing a buying cart, producing PDF records and photographs dynamically, sending and coping with e-mail, facilitating person discussions, connecting to net companies utilizing XML, and constructing internet 2.0 purposes with Ajax-based interactivity.
The fourth variation of PHP and MySQL internet improvement has been completely up-to-date, revised, and extended to hide advancements in personal home page five via model 5.3, equivalent to namespaces and closures, in addition to beneficial properties brought in MySQL 5.1.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
half I: utilizing Hypertext Preprocessor
1 personal home page Crash direction
2 Storing and Retrieving information
3 utilizing Arrays
4 String Manipulation and usual Expressions
5 Reusing Code and Writing capabilities
6 Object-Oriented Hypertext Preprocessor
7 blunders and Exception dealing with
Part II: utilizing MySQL
8 Designing Your net Database
9 developing Your internet Database
10 operating along with your MySQL Database
11 getting access to Your MySQL Database from the net with personal home page
12 complex MySQL management
13 complicated MySQL Programming
Part III: E-Commerce and defense
14 working an E-Commerce web site
15 E-commerce safeguard concerns
16 net software defense
17 imposing Authentication with Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL
18 enforcing safe Transactions with Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL
Part IV: complicated personal home page options
19 Interacting with the dossier method and the Server
20 utilizing community and Protocol features
21 coping with the Date and Time
22 producing photos
23 utilizing consultation keep an eye on in personal home page
24 different beneficial good points
Part V: development sensible personal home page and MySQL tasks
25 utilizing personal home page and MySQL for giant tasks
27 development person Authentication and Personalization
28 construction a procuring Cart
29 development a web based e-mail provider
30 construction a Mailing checklist supervisor
31 construction internet boards
32 producing customized PDF records
33 Connecting to net prone with XML and cleaning soap
34 construction net 2.0 functions with Ajax
Part VI: Appendixes
Appendix A: fitting Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL
Appendix B: net assets
SQL Server 2000 Programming by means of instance presents transparent and concise examples of easy programming thoughts utilized in SQL Server 2000 basically utilizing Transact-SQL. no matter if you are a entire beginner to SQL Server 2000 programming, you are going to gain by means of examining in the course of the book's logical procedure. SQL Server 2000 is brought and explored, database constitution is designed and outfitted, and at last quite a few programming ideas are studied and reviewed. while you're already acquainted with SQL Server 2000 programming, you'll use the e-book as a short reference consultant that gives lots of pertinent examples.
By Wallace B. McClure, John J. Croft IV, David Yack
ADO.NET revolutionized the best way info was once accessed via SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL. With Microsoft's unencumber of ADO.NET 2, ADO and the .NET Framework are built-in with SQL Server for the 1st time - allowing you to application .NET purposes at once in the SQL Server database. choked with pattern code and instructed top practices for utilizing ADO.NET 2, this code-intensive booklet explores the recent facts varieties which are to be had within the 2.0 Framework and discusses the perfect time and approach to use them. you are going to how to make repetitive, mundane initiatives a lot less complicated and you may stroll away with a superb origin for constructing database-driven applications.This booklet is helping to benefit: the fundamentals of constructing a connection, executing a question, and returning a outcome; most sensible makes use of for Oracle within the ADO.NET Framework; the numerous new good points which are on hand for XML; easy methods to use the complete textual content seek functions of Microsoft[registered] SQL Server 2005; tools for retrieving facts and providing it in a variety of methods; and, why MySQL is a practicable choice for info garage. This publication is for knowledgeable database builders who are looking to examine the newest unlock of ADO.NET 2.0.Knowledge of ADO.NET 1.0 , basic .NET improvement, and Microsoft SQL Server is important. "Wrox specialist" publications are deliberate and written through operating programmers to satisfy the real-world wishes of programmers, builders, and IT pros. targeted and proper, they handle the problems know-how pros face each day. they supply examples, useful recommendations, and professional schooling in new applied sciences, all designed to assist programmers do a greater activity.