By Mike Morris
Functional and obtainable, this dictionary is designed to enlighten these newly engaged in anthropological examine or looking a brief advisor to the sphere.
- Fills a necessity for a beginner’s pocket advisor to the far-reaching and complicated box of anthropology, together with over 800 distinctive entries and the highbrow heritage of terms
- Written in undeniable, jargon-free language, for readers with no vast history within the field
- Features short, conceptual definitions of phrases, bibliographical references to anthropological classics, comparable works for history studying and extra research
- The common layout comprises daring phrases featured in other places within the publication, huge cross-references, and indexes of names, peoples, areas and subjects
- Incorporates comparable terminology from allied fields corresponding to sociology, economics and geography
Read or Download Concise Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology PDF
Similar Cultural books
Among the flip of the 20 th century and the Brown v. Board of schooling selection in 1954, the best way that American colleges taught approximately "race" replaced dramatically. this change was once engineered via the nation's so much favourite anthropologists, together with Franz Boas, Ruth Benedict, and Margaret Mead, in the course of global conflict II.
In response to years of fieldwork in either rural and concrete Greece, the final word explores women's cultural resistance as they weave jointly assorted social practices: improvised antiphonic laments, divinatory dreaming, the care and tending of olive timber and the lifeless, and the inscription of feelings and the senses on a panorama of folks, issues, and areas.
Evokes scholars to imagine like anthropologists in a multicultural and worldwide age. masking the basic ideas that force cultural anthropology this present day, Ken Guest’s Cultural Anthropology: A Toolkit for an international Age exhibits scholars that now, greater than ever, worldwide forces impact neighborhood tradition and that the instruments of cultural anthropology are necessary to residing in an international society.
Additional info for Concise Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology