By Vikram Vaswani
Take your MySQL abilities to the pinnacle tier
Maximize each robust characteristic to be had in MySQL 5.1 with hands-on guide from a MySQL professional. This definitive consultant exhibits you ways to take advantage of MySQL's complex suite of information administration instruments, optimize functionality and reliability, and safe and administer a powerful RDBMS. MySQL Database utilization & Administration contains designated code examples in every one bankruptcy to spotlight real-world purposes of the fabric coated. with a view to get the main out of MySQL, you would like this useful instruction manual.
- Understand MySQL's gains, technical structure, subsystems, and instructions
- Make database layout judgements that optimizre functionality, garage, and reliability
- Write complicated queries utilizing joins, subqueries, and perspectives
- Group SQL statements into transactions and execute them atomically
- Build and use subtle kept tactics and features
- Automate database operations with triggers and scheduled occasions
- Import and export information in numerous codecs, includiong SQL, CSV, and XML
- Optimize server and question functionality
- Administer a safe, excessive availability MySQL RDBMS
- Manage clients and regulate entry
- Perform database upkeep, replication, backup, and recovery
Vikram Vaswani is the founder and CEO of Melonfire (www.melonfire.com), a consultancy enterprise with targeted services in open-source instruments and applied sciences. His prior books contain MySQL: the full Reference, personal home page: A Beginner's Guide, and PHP Programming Solutions.
Read or Download MySQL Database Usage & Administration PDF
Similar Sql books
Delivering details for database directors and alertness builders, this booklet is a step by step consultant to studying software improvement and process administration with SQL, writing effective SQL code, and fine-tuning server functionality. The CD-ROM comprises an assessment reproduction of SQL Server 7.
Write strong SQL statements and PL/SQL programsLearn to entry Oracle databases via SQL statements and build PL/SQL courses with tips from Oracle specialist, Jason fee. released via Oracle Press, Oracle Database 11g SQL explains the best way to retrieve and alter database details, use SQL Plus and SQL Developer, paintings with database items, write PL/SQL courses, and masses extra.
The former variation of this booklet validated itself because the so much entire and comprehensible therapy of the SQL common mostly on hand. Many adjustments have happened within the SQL criteria international considering the fact that that version was once released, besides the fact that: a huge new part, the Call-Level Interface (SQL/CLI), used to be additional in 1995.
The necessity to deal with more and more higher information volumes is one issue using the adoption of a brand new type of nonrelational “NoSQL” databases. Advocates of NoSQL databases declare they are often used to construct structures which are extra performant, scale higher, and are more straightforward to application. NoSQL Distilled is a concise yet thorough creation to this quickly rising know-how.
Additional resources for MySQL Database Usage & Administration