By Brad Miser
Sams train your self Mac OS X Lion in 10 Minutes bargains elementary, sensible info designed to get you up and working fast and simply. by way of operating via its 10-minute classes, you’ll study every thing you must understand to successfully use Mac OS X Lion. each one compact lesson zeros in on a selected element of the Mac working method defined via concise and informative descriptions besides actual and straightforward to keep on with step by step directions. You’ll fast develop into cozy acting an important Mac initiatives you need–and want–to do everyday!
Tips indicate shortcuts and solutions
Cautions assist you keep away from universal pitfalls
Notes offer extra information
10 mins is all you want to …
- Use Lion’s nice computing device instruments together with Finder home windows, Dock, Launchpad, Dashboard, challenge regulate, and Spotlight.
- Install and deal with purposes in the course of the Mac App shop and from the desktop.
- Personalize Mac OS Lion to fit your personal tastes, together with computing device photos, sounds, project Control’s areas, Launchpad’s purposes, and the Dashboard’s widgets.
- Connect your Mac OS X Lion desktop to the web via an area stressed out and instant network.
- Install, configure, and use mice, trackpads, and keyboards.
- Create and deal with your Mac’s person accounts.
- Protect your Mac from net assaults, info loss, and different capability problems.
- Troubleshoot and remedy difficulties via a logical, easy-to-perform approach.
- Run home windows functions in your Mac.
Read Online or Download Sams Teach Yourself Mac OS X Lion in 10 Minutes PDF
Similar Operating Systems books
Take complete good thing about the Oracle Solaris eleven administration beneficial properties deal with a hugely scalable, cloud-based computing platform and bring unrivaled functionality degrees at each layer of your IT stack. Oracle Solaris eleven approach management: the total Reference indicates tips to set up Solaris from scratch.
Covers Mac OS X Panther and its bundled functions intimately, whereas dealing with tougher issues equivalent to networking, net defense, instant operation, and upkeep in an approachable approach. use the Finder, the right way to deal with documents, the way to paintings with electronic media, and lots more and plenty extra. an advantage characteristic of the publication is the highlight on “Writers and their Macs,” which bargains glimpses of ways 3 writers paintings with their Macs: novelist Arthur Golden (Memoirs of a Geisha), screenwriter Mike wealthy (Finding Forrester), and suspense author Jeff Abbott (Cut and Run).
For programmers, approach architects, and technical programmer managers. offering an outline of the Solaris and POSIX multithreading architectures, this booklet explains threads at a degree that's thoroughly obtainable to programmers and method architects with out past wisdom of threads. Covers the enterprise and technical advantages of threaded courses, besides discussions of 3rd occasion software program that's threaded, declaring the advantages.
The one Apple-certified publication on Mac OS X, this finished reference takes help technicians and ardent Mac clients deep inside of their working structures, protecting every thing from networking applied sciences to method management, customizing the working approach, command-line programming, and extra. Keyed to the training targets of the Apple Helpdesk professional certification examination, the teachings during this self-paced quantity function an ideal complement to Apple's personal education classification and a major primer for desktop help body of workers who have to troubleshoot and optimize Mac OS X as a part of their jobs.
Extra info for Sams Teach Yourself Mac OS X Lion in 10 Minutes