The Wiley-Blackwell better half to Political Sociology is an entire reference advisor, reflecting the scope and caliber of the self-discipline, and highlighting rising themes within the field.
- Global in concentration, providing updated subject matters from an interdisciplinary, foreign set of students addressing key matters referring to globalization, social activities, and citizenship
- The majority of chapters are new, together with these on environmental politics, overseas terrorism, defense, corruption, and human rights
- Revises and updates all formerly released chapters to incorporate new topics and issues in political sociology
- Provides an outline of scholarship within the box, with chapters operating independently and jointly to envision the complete variety of contributions to political sociology
- Offers a hard but available and entire reference advisor for college kids and scholars
Read or Download The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Political Sociology PDF
Similar Cultural books
Among the flip of the 20th century and the Brown v. Board of schooling selection in 1954, the best way that American faculties taught approximately "race" replaced dramatically. this alteration used to be engineered via the nation's such a lot trendy anthropologists, together with Franz Boas, Ruth Benedict, and Margaret Mead, in the course of global battle II.
In accordance with years of fieldwork in either rural and concrete Greece, the final word explores women's cultural resistance as they weave jointly assorted social practices: improvised antiphonic laments, divinatory dreaming, the care and tending of olive timber and the lifeless, and the inscription of feelings and the senses on a panorama of folks, issues, and areas.
Evokes scholars to imagine like anthropologists in a multicultural and worldwide age. protecting the fundamental strategies that force cultural anthropology this present day, Ken Guest’s Cultural Anthropology: A Toolkit for an international Age indicates scholars that now, greater than ever, worldwide forces have an effect on neighborhood tradition and that the instruments of cultural anthropology are necessary to residing in a world society.
Extra info for The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Political Sociology