By Priscilla Walmsley
The W3C XQuery 3.1 average presents a device to go looking, extract, and manage content material, no matter if it really is in XML, JSON or simple textual content. With this totally up to date, in-depth educational, you’ll discover ways to software with this hugely functional question language.
Designed for question writers who've a few wisdom of XML fundamentals, yet now not unavoidably complicated wisdom of XML-related applied sciences, this publication is perfect as either an academic and a reference. You’ll locate historical past info for namespaces, schemas, integrated forms, and average expressions which are proper to writing XML queries.
This moment variation provides:
- A high-level assessment and speedy journey of XQuery
- New chapters on higher-order services, maps, arrays, and JSON
- A rigorously paced instructional that teaches XQuery with out being slowed down via the details
- Advanced techniques for benefiting from modularity, namespaces, typing, and schemas
- Guidelines for operating with particular kinds of information, akin to numbers, strings, dates, URIs, maps and arrays
- XQuery’s implementation-specific good points and its dating to different criteria together with SQL and XSLT
- A entire alphabetical connection with the integrated capabilities, kinds, and mistake messages
Read Online or Download XQuery: Search Across a Variety of XML Data PDF
Best Sql books
Delivering info for database directors and alertness builders, this e-book is a step by step consultant to studying software improvement and process administration with SQL, writing effective SQL code, and fine-tuning server functionality. The CD-ROM comprises an evaluate reproduction of SQL Server 7.
Write robust SQL statements and PL/SQL programsLearn to entry Oracle databases via SQL statements and build PL/SQL courses with suggestions from Oracle professional, Jason rate. released via Oracle Press, Oracle Database 11g SQL explains how you can retrieve and adjust database info, use SQL Plus and SQL Developer, paintings with database items, write PL/SQL courses, and masses extra.
The former version of this publication demonstrated itself because the such a lot whole and comprehensible remedy of the SQL usual often on hand. Many adjustments have happened within the SQL criteria global because that variation used to be released, besides the fact that: an immense new part, the Call-Level Interface (SQL/CLI), used to be extra in 1995.
The necessity to deal with more and more better facts volumes is one issue using the adoption of a brand new type of nonrelational “NoSQL” databases. Advocates of NoSQL databases declare they are often used to construct structures which are extra performant, scale larger, and are more uncomplicated to application. NoSQL Distilled is a concise yet thorough advent to this speedily rising know-how.
Additional resources for XQuery: Search Across a Variety of XML Data